ITEC Training In Reiki
A government recognized official Reiki qualification
Qualifications gained from ITEC in this course:
- ITEC & GTC Diploma in Holistic Reiki-Level 5 Award Ireland - includes (Reiki first, second and third level Traditional Reiki Master practitioner)
- Reiki Ireland Certificates in Traditional Reiki -Reiki first, second and third level practitioner
- ITEC & GTC Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology.
- ITEC Certificate in Client Care, Professional Conduct & Business Awareness.
- GTC Certificate in Energy Management & Awareness,
- Certified to gain insurance
- Certified to join professional associations
- Hold qualifications which allow you to proceed to Reiki Master Teacher Training
- Hold an internationally recognized Reiki qualification that is recognized the world over
- Achieve valuable official government academic credits
- Achieve official recognition as a government recognized Reiki Professional
For Course Fees & Dates – see end of page
If you hold previous relevant ITEC qualifications you may be exempt from certain modules.
If you hold previous reiki qualifications you may be exempt from certain reiki modules, contact Majella if you already hold Reiki 1, 2, 3 thank you
The course consists of four strands:
- The Practice and theory of Spiritual Traditional Reiki
- Anatomy & Physiology & Pathology
- Energy management & awareness
- Professional Client Care & Business Awareness
- The spiritual aspects and teachings of tradition Usui Reiki
The Practice & Theory of Traditional Tibetan Reiki
You will grow throughout the year in your knowledge and understanding of Reiki as we progress through the different Reiki levels. This will be achieved by constantly building on your experience and practice of Reiki within the learning environment and your practice at home. This Reiki training is taught with a firm basis in a spiritual perspective throughout and we will practice and build on meditation and energy awareness.
The course contains the following:
- What is Reiki and how it actually works
- Explanation and experience of the different stages/levels of Reiki
- The benefits of Reiki.
- The History of Reiki.
- The Reiki Life Principles.
- The spiritual concepts and philosophy of Reiki
- Explanation of Attunement/initiation process & traditional Reiki attunements into first, second and third level .
- Meditation/visualisation- from beginners to advanced
- Understanding of what energy is and how it works in healing and in our everyday lives.
- Explanation of the energetic systems of the body including the aura, charka's.
- Reiki breathing process and posture
- Sharing of experiences of Attunement/initiations, practicing Reiki and questions arising.
- Practice of giving Reiki for self-healing, family, friends, clients, short and long treatments, chair treatment, and a couch/bed treatment.
- Each student will experience giving and receiving Reiki and doing self Reiki throughout the course.
- Reiki for animals, food, plants
- Distant Reiki Second Level for plants, animals, distant or absent clients and for world healing
- Room cleansing & blessing
- Meeting your Reiki guide/spiritual helpers
- Explanation and practice of distant Reiki Healing and distant treatments
- Teaching the reiki symbols and practice of them in second and third level
- Teaching and practice of reiki hand position for self-healing, chair treatment, and lying on a plinth while using the symbols.
- Each student to practice giving and receiving Reiki incorporating the use of the reiki symbols.
- Practice and teaching of distant & absent Reiki healing using the symbols.
- Practice and teaching of using the Reiki symbols in the student’s everyday life.
- Considerations when giving Reiki & the possible effects during & following a Reiki treatment
- Teaching the importance of personal energy management, protection, self-care and well-being while giving and receiving Reiki and in your everyday life.
- Course Handouts
- How to bring Reiki home and the ways you can work with it in your daily life
- Upon successful completion you will be eligible to become a member of a professional Reiki association
- In third level - Attunement to the Master Symbols
- Teaching of the Traditional Master Symbols and uses.
- In third level you learn Advanced energy healing work to include clearing energy, scanning the energy field, seeing the energy field. (unique to Reiki Ireland)
- Advanced set of hand positions working the meridian and touch point centers leading to a more involved and deeper way of working for the practitioner. (Unique to Reiki Ireland).
- Opportunities to share workshop experience.
- Code and ethics of a third level Practitioner
- Further understanding of the Holistic Approach
- Further study of the bodies energetic systems
- Further review of the philosophies of Reiki
- Client care and handling//Business & Legal requirements and gaining Insurance for the Reiki Practitioner
- Illness/related organs & relevant treatments
- Advanced meditation techniques (unique to Reiki Ireland) & Advanced breath techniques and posture (unique to Reiki Ireland)
- Reiki & other complementary Therapies
- Working with the Kundalini and advanced techniques (unique to Reiki Ireland)
- Dowsing & kinesiology testing
- Case Studies and the keeping of client records and treatments.
- An introduction of Psychology and understanding of the psychological make up of the human being
- Connecting the organs and emotions
- Spritiual meditations of traditional advanced reiki
Anatomy & Physiology
- In-depth training, teaching and understanding of the systems of the body.
- Relating Reiki to your knowledge of Anatomy & Physiology.
- See http://www.holistic-training.com/course-anatomy-physiology.htm
Client Care & Professional Conduct
Learning how to work with clients, creating a safe healing space, meeting the client’s needs, communication skills, personal well being while working with clients, palliative care, clients with special needs, referral procedures etc.
- Business Practice: Exploring the different types of business, operating as a sole trader or an employer, health & safety, hygiene, insurance, marketing, special requirements, networking, communication, marketing literature, developing your relationship with other therapists, professional associations.
- Being in business: Insurance and legal considerations, record keeping, marketing, therapist boundaries and capabilities – not counselling.
Energy Management & Awareness
Students will become aware of energy and how it works in our everyday life, the philosophy’s and practices of working as an energetic practitioner.
• What is energy and understanding energy from a scientific view point
• Correct breathing, connecting breath and energy
• Why we need energy control
• Techniques for your energy strength leading to protection
• Techniques to increase the therapist’s energy and energy ability
• The mind and energy-psychology of the mind
• Room clearance
• Room blessing
• House clearance
• House blessing
• Helping the clients to heal through energetic principles
• Increasing the effect of the treatment incorporating subtle energy techniques
• Working with guides and angels
• Attracting all that is good and beautiful-laws of attraction
• Techniques for dealing with negative and psychic attack
• Manifesting with energy
• Creating a safe energetic space to work in
• Dealing with ‘heavy energy’ clients
• Grounding in your everyday life
• Grounding during your treatment
• Protecting the client
• Grounding the client
• Bringing healing to the client
• Self energy building techniques
• Daily life style and energy building
Healthy diet for energy work, developmental psychology,
the body systems and their energetic connections
Equipment that you will need
The College will provide all the necessary teaching equipment. The equipment that you will need is minimal and includes:
• Larger ring bound folder to hold A4 Sheets, dividers and one clip board
• Highlighter markers, pencils, erasers, small ruler
• No jewellery except wedding band (practical Reflexology only)
• One Fleece blanket
• Professional Therapist Uniform to be worn for all ITEC Reiki classes only, with hair tied back (black work trousers with crease in front (jeans not acceptable), fully covered flat shoes, black socks, hair bank –any black therapist tunic –must cover buttocks and be a flexible fit (avoid very tight tunics)..see www.guineys.ie (buy a size or two bigger)
• Short Nails, nail file, nail clippers, antibacterial hand gel
• Dettol or Equipment wipes or Lidl wipes for equipment
• Pack of waterproof plasters various shapes and pack of tissues,
• A working email address and access to the internet is essential
Qualification Requirements For Students to be awarded Certificates
Please Note Certificates will be awarded together only when all modules are completed.
• Successful completion of ITEC examinations
• A 100% commitment is required
• Completion of Energy Management module - compulsory
• Continual Assessment of Course Work and assignments completed and passed
• Completion and submission of 20 Hours of Case Studies- treating five clients for four sessions each
• 30 minuets multiple choice ITEC examination paper in Holistic Reiki
• One hour multiple choice ITEC examination paper in Anatomy & Physiology
• 1/2 hour multiple choice examination paper - ITEC Professional Conduct & Business Awareness
• 1/2 hour practical Reiki treatment including a short oral examination
• Completion of Energy Management & Awareness module
• Continual Assessment of Course Work
• Various College assignments throughout the year and completed assessment folder
The compulsory modules for this Diploma (unless exempt) are Reiki , Professional Conduct & Business Awareness, College Assignments and Energy Management. Certificates will be awarded when all modules are successfully completed.
Enrolment and entry qualifications
• You must have a caring and helpful disposition with a desire to learn more about the Holistic Field and way of being. Be dedicated to your own personal growth and well being:
• Have an acceptable knowledge & capability of written and oral English
• Be willing to learn, take instruction and be willing to becoming more self aware on a personal level
• Completed Application Form (Confidential) – see end of document
• Course Deposit: €450.00 - Non refundable
• Examination Fee: €180.00, included in Deposit and non transferable or refundable- this fee applies when exams are taken together
• Agree to follow Green Tara College & ITEC Code of Ethics
• Signed College Contract of Conditions
• Places are awarded following a College Interview via telephone or face to face
Payment Methods & Bookings
• Course Fee: Please see the pages below for breakdown of fees depending on previous qualifications
• You are welcome to pay for the course straight away which will allow for a 10% discount to the fees
• The course can be paid for in monthly installments.
Including exam fees this works out at €450.00 deposit (which includes the exam fees) and €350.00 a month until paid on agreed dates
• Please note that all fees are non-refundable and all minimum payments must be met each month upon the agreed dates
• If a student enrolls on the training programme and takes the training in separate modules a different payment arrangement is agreed. (For example takes reiki 1/2/3 first or anatomy first etc.)
Course Fees Below
Full ITEC Reiki Diploma Course Fees:
€ 1,495.00 per year + Examination fee: €180.00, = total of €1675.00 which can be paid in monthly installments.
Training includes all Reiki manuals, ITEC Reiki Diploma, ITEC Anatomy & Physiology Diploma, ITEC Business Diploma & Manual, Green Tara College Energy Management Certificate, Green Tara College, Reiki 1 Certificate, Reiki 2 Certificate, Reiki 3 Practitioner's Certificate. In-depth examination preparation. Course material provided
Course Fee Table
ITEC & Green Tara College - Diplomas in Reiki
Course Fees does not include anatomy books and examination Fees
Total examination fees to cover all modules when exams are taken together- €180.00
Option 1 - Reiki Diploma – 5 Modules - €1,495.00
- 1. Diploma in Anatomy & Physiology ITEC
- 2. Diploma in Reiki & ITEC Theory (Reiki 1,2,3 Master Practitioner)
- 3. Professional Conduct, Business Awareness & Client Care
- 4. Certificate in Energy Management
These further options are available only if you hold recognized previous qualifications
Option 2 - (Not including Unit 22)- €1,445.00
- Diploma in Reiki ITEC (Reiki 1,2,3 Master Practitioner)
- Anatomy & Physiology Diploma ITEC
- Certificate in Energy Management GTC
Option 3 - (Not including A&P) €1,195.00
Exam Fee not included
- 1.Diploma in Reiki (Reiki 1,2,3 Master Practitioners)
- Professional Conduct & Business Awareness (Unit 22)
- 3. Certificate in Energy Management
Option4 - (not including Anatomy & Business) -€1,145.00
Exam Fee not included
- Diploma in Reiki ITEC - (Reiki 1,2,3 Practitioner & ITEC Reiki Theory)
- Certificate in Energy Management GTC
Option5 - ITEC Reiki Three Master Practitioner Only
Exam Fee not included
(You must already hold A.P, Unit 22, Recognized Reiki 1 & 2)
• ITEC Reiki 3 Practitioner (must hold an approved Reiki 1 & 2 Certificate) & ITEC Reiki advanced reiki
• Certificate in Energy Management GTC
Option 6 - Reiki 2 & 3 & ITEC Reiki only
Exam Fee not included
• ITEC Reiki 2 & 3 Practitioner & ITEC Reiki (must hold Reiki 1) - €845.00
• Certificate in Energy Management
Option 7 - ITEC Reiki Only
You must hold all the reiki levels- attend energy management and ITEC reiki Theory
€495.00 + €180.00 examination fees
Please note that Learners must attend all the modules unless a previous recognized qualification in a particular module is held.
ITEC teach traditional reiki so your previous levels must have been at least 14 hours each usually over two days.
BSc Hon's Psychology, BA Acting/Drama, NUI Certificate in Counselling, Traditional Usui Reiki Master
Majella is your Reiki teacher and has been working with Reiki for over fifteen years and is an inspiring and dedicated teacher in the field of Reiki.
Majella is one of the first people in the country to bring the Reiki training to a deeper professional levels in the quality of the teaching, the hours of training, in the spiritual perspective and in the practical study and reiki practice and has been teaching the reiki Practitioner standards for many years that are only now being brought in by current associations and federations. Majella has been training students and working with clients on a full time basis in Reiki for over 25 years and is extremely experienced. Majella was among the group of people that originally founded Reiki Federation Ireland. She served on the committee for five years and wrote the original practitioner module.
Qualifications relevant to Reiki
Traditional Tibetan Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner, Seichem Reiki Master Teacher Practitioner, Sekhem Reiki Practitioner, Tai-Chi/ Chi-Gung, Kinesiology. NUI Maynooth Certificate in Counselling skills and Certificate in Teaching Adult Education. Majella has studied Psychology at University level to included Psychology Overview, Child Development, Biology & The Brain, Social Psychology and Cognitive Psychology, Social Psychology. Majella holds and teaches qualifications in many holistic therapies such as Reflexology, Massage, Indian Head Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Crystal Healing, Lomi-Lomi Practitioner and teacher. Shamanic Healing, Ear Candling. Majella holds the NUI Certificate in Adult Education, ITEC Diploma in Lecturing, City & Guilds Diploma in Lecturing and is a member of the teaching council of Ireland. She is an experienced teacher who has lectured at O’Fiaich’s College of Education for ten years and currently examines the programme's she developed and certifies the Certificates in Indian Head Massage and Reiki level one, level two and level three Practitioners at O’Fiaich’s. Majella has taught QQI Level 6 Child Psychology, QQI Level 6 Child Development, QQI Level 5 Developmental Human Psychology at O'Fiaich government educational institute. Majella holds the Diana Cooper teaching Angels qualification. She is a member of the teaching council of Ireland.
This ITEC reiki qualification is the only government educational recognized professional reiki qualification in Europe and until recently the world. The only other country to offer an equivalent is Australia. ITEC is mapped upon the European national educational framework and Irish educational framework - it makes your reiki qualification much more valid and brings you to the true spiritual side of traditional reiki!
The only reiki qualification that is mapped academically onto the European national framework!
Diploma Dates - 2018 - 2019
(choose your dates from below)
Module One: ITEC Reiki First Level
October: Saturday 13 & Sunday 14
January: Saturday 12 & Sunday 13
Module Two: ITEC Reiki Second Level
November: Saturday 17 & Sunday 18
February: Saturday 23 & Sunday 24
Module Three: ITEC Reiki Third Level Master Practitioner
(You must hold second level reiki already)
March: Friday (evening) 22, Saturday 23, Sunday 24
Module-Four: ITEC Reiki Specific Modules & Advanced Reiki Training:
January: Sunday 06
February: Sunday 10
March: Saturday 16
April: Saturday 20
Module-Five: Energy Management Psychology & Practical Use
November: Saturday 24 & Sunday 25, 2018
or January 2018 : Saturday 19 & Sunday 20
Business & Professional Conduct Module
December 2018: Sunday 02nd December - (9am-7.00pm)
February 2019: Friday 08 (7-10pm) & Saturday 09 2018 (9am-6.00pm)
Module Seven: Anatomy & Physiology Diploma
Tuesday evenings (twice a month) 7-10pm
October: 09, 23
December: 04, 18
January: 08, 22
February: 05, 19
March: 05, 19
You can take Anatomy at a location nearer to you or online if that suits better if you are travelling a long distance. You will take the examination at Green Tara. Please ensure the course is pre-approved by Green Tara.
Module Eight: Pre Assessments
April: Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 2019
Module Nine : ITEC Official Assessments
May 2019: Saturday 11 (theory) & Sunday 12 (practical's)
Final Dates confirmed nearer the time by ITEC)
Module ten - Reiki Share
We highly recommend the reiki share where we can offer on going teaching and support, it is first Thursday of every month from 7.30pm-9.30pm.
It is an extra option.
Booking- How do I book a place?
In order to book a place please email us to check a place is available, you will also be required to pay your deposit of €450.00 ( deposit is non-refundable or transferable)
Methods of payment
1) Cash or card
2) Cheque – made out to Green Tara College
3) Direct Debit
4) Postal Order
5) Debit or Credit Card via telephone or in person
Where to pay
1) Post: You may post payments to our office.
2) By hand: You may hand in payments at the College Rooms at Tara House, Preston Place, 38 Trimgate Street, Navan, Co. Meath
If calling in, check for opening times and please arrange to call in first, thank you
3) Bank Transfer: contact Majella for details
4) Cheque's must be made out to Green Tara College
5) Card - Via telephone with Card
Remember to Include with your application:
• Your name, address, two phone numbers, your email address
• Non-refundable deposit
- A copy of any relevant previous qualification if needed
When Posting: Please supply your email and phone numbers so we can get in contact with you, thanking you.
Download the Enrollment Form - Diploma in Reiki
Majella is more than happy to have a chat with you and/or coffee to go over the Diploma, please feel free to contact me. I speak with many people who are teaching reiki already and we welcome and honour all reiki traditions. 0868635241, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dedicated to the authenticity and sacredness of Reiki!